Diet for gastritis implies gentle nutrition, designed to reduce inflammation in the gastric mucosa. Depending on the acidity of the gastric juice and the stage of the disease, different types of diets are prescribed.
There are general principles of a gastritis diet:
- Fractional nutrition - you need to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions;
- Food temperature is moderate - food that is too hot or too cold is not allowed;
- Fatty foods are taboo for all types of diets for gastritis of various etiologies;
- Spicy spices and any alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited;
- Quitting smoking.
Diet for chronic gastritis with high acidity
A diet for chronic gastritis with increased secretion is prescribed, first of all, to normalize the acidity of gastric juice and reduce the clinical manifestations of the disease - aching abdominal pains, heartburn, headaches.
The diet is dominated by dishes from boiled vegetables, milk and dairy products, boiled or steamed dishes from meat and fish. Jelly (milk or fruit), oat and rice porridge, whole milk, grated soups have excellent enveloping properties.
The diet for gastritis with high acidity prescribes to avoid the following foods:
- Bread made from rye flour, muffins and fresh baked goods;
- Sorrel, rhubarb, radish, radish, cabbage, cucumber, green unripe fruits;
- Canned food of all kinds;
- Fermented milk products;
- Legumes, pearl barley, barley and millet groats;
- Fat, sinewy meat.
Sample diet menu for chronic gastritis with high acid production
Option # 1
- Breakfast: salad of boiled vegetables with butter, boiled fish, mashed potatoes, tea, oil;
- Second breakfast: cottage cheese pudding with apples, carrot juice;
- Lunch: vegetable puree soup, meat soufflé with pasta, compote;
- Afternoon snack: milk, biscuit biscuits;
- Dinner: lazy dumplings, tea;
- At night: milk (all days).
Option # 2
- Breakfast: boiled carrots, mashed through a sieve with vegetable oil, dietary sausages in natural casings, tea, oil;
- Second breakfast: homemade cottage cheese, rosehip broth;
- Lunch: soup with oatmeal, boiled chicken fillet, buckwheat porridge, pear compote;
- Afternoon snack: jelly from plums;
- Dinner: protein omelet, milk rice porridge, tea.
Option # 3
- Breakfast: boiled beets seasoned with vegetable oil, steamed meatballs with rice, butter, tea;
- Second breakfast: baked apple with raisins and cottage cheese;
- Lunch: cabbage soup, boiled meat, grated through a sieve, oatmeal, compote;
- Afternoon snack: milk, croutons;
- Dinner: semolina, tea.
These dietary options for gastritis are prescribed during the period of clinical remission. Diet with exacerbation of gastritis with high acidity differs in that all dishes are consumed in pure form. Only small pieces of boiled meat or fish are allowed twice a week.
Diet for atrophic gastritis
The main task of the diet for gastritis with reduced secretion is to promote the secretion of gastric juice for complete assimilation of food. Dishes should be steamed or boiled, less often stewed.
A diet for gastritis with low acidity prohibits the use of foods that cause increased fermentation in the stomach:
- Whole milk;
- Yeast and pastry products;
- Canned food;
- Legumes, cabbage, grapes, radishes, cucumbers, onions and garlic;
- Lard and smoked products.
Diet menu for exacerbation of gastritis with low acidity
In chronic gastritis with decreased secretion during acute exacerbation, you should eat puree in small portions. The diet for atrophic gastritis includes mucous soups from cereals, butter, grated cottage cheese, boiled meat, low-fat fish, mashed vegetables and fruits, viscous cereals with milk, soft-boiled eggs, white stale bread, crackers, rosehip infusion.
The diet for acute gastritis with reduced secretion is used for 3-4 weeks, and then replaced with a wider food ration. The diet for gastritis in remission consists of various cereals, meat and fish steamed dishes, cereal soups in meat broth. Chunks of fish, meatballs, cutlets fried without breading are allowed.
Observing a diet for atrophic gastritis, you should eat dairy products (especially kefir), cheeses, various dishes from cottage cheese (puddings, soufflés, casseroles), jelly from berries and fruits, mousses.
An example of a diet menu for gastritis with low secretion for one day:
- Breakfast: steamed beef meatballs, tea;
- Lunch: pearl barley soup in meat broth, fried cutlets without breading, mashed potatoes, apple jelly;
- Afternoon snack: tea, crackers;
- Dinner: cottage cheese casserole, pureed milk oatmeal porridge, tea;
- At night: kefir or fruit and berry jelly.
Diet with exacerbation of gastritis is supplemented by the appointment of fruit and vegetable juices, vitamin complexes.
Diet for erosive gastritis
In the diet for erosive gastritis, soups with a slimy consistency are in the first place. They have excellent enveloping properties, which are in dire need of eroded stomach walls. In the diet menu for erosive gastritis, porridge made of rice, buckwheat, oatmeal with milk or cream (preferably), with the addition of butter, must be present. Steamed meat dishes (cutlets, meatballs), soft-boiled eggs, homemade non-acidic cottage cheese, jelly and compotes are mandatory in the diet.
It is necessary in the diet menu for acute gastritis with erosions to introduce liquid mashed potatoes, as well as juice from raw potatoes (once a day). This vegetable has an excellent wound healing effect, and it also perfectly relieves pain.
The list of prohibited foods on the diet for gastritis with erosion includes: any canned food, fatty and fried foods, yeast dough pastries, fresh fruits with a sour taste and juices from them. In the diet for acute gastritis of an erosive type, there should be no tea (black and green), coffee, juices from any fruit.